header

Friday, February 7, 2014

A good day

I'm all smiles right now. I have had the best day in such a long while. It's amazing how little it really does take to make me happy.
I got an offer letter yesterday on a job. It was for a simple part time cashier position at a new store in town. When I went in today to fill out all the paperwork I was surprised when both the interviewers remembered me by name! Apparently I made an impression since I know they have had to have interviewed at least a 100 people around here. Then one of them pulled me aside with a we have to talk type spiel. The last time I heard that I was being let go. Yeah, I felt sad panic butterflies in my stomach as my adrenaline spiked. He pulled up a chair directly in front of his and we had a little pow wow session. He asked why I'd applied for the cashier position. I told him it was what I had the most prior experience with. He then said well we have this other position and I've been waiting to fill it til I talked with you. I think you'd be perfect for it and I really think it'd be good for you and your photography.
He then proceeded to completely sell me on a full time position that has sat and suns off and in his experience usually works from 5a to 1p leaving me every afternoon and that precious golden hour to make photography appointments. And it pays more.
How awesome is that!  So it looks like I'm going to be a Price Checker. I'm beyond excited.
But the day gets better!
I had an appointment with a prospective wedding client later on the day. She gushed over my portfolio. She was nice, intelligent, creative, prepared, and beautiful. I mean it'll be so easy to take wonderful pictures of her. Then she picked my biggest package, with an engagement session, then she added on a boudoir session, then she added on discs. Then she picked the most expensive leather album I offer and save the dates and mentioned that she probably wanted more later. I am beyond ecstatic to work with her for soooo many reasons.
So despite the fact that I am spotting and probably a day or two away from my period, I am so happy right now. I'm going to float on this little high all weekend or at least until I get the aforementioned period.

No comments:

Post a Comment