header

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

That feels good!

It feels good to have hope again. So good.
We had our Urologist appointment yesterday. We were prepared for the worst. And thankfully for once this year, we didn't get it. Our count went up from 175,000 to 425,000. While its a long shot away from anything even resembling normal its a step in the right direction. And the Uro decided to write DH a script for 3 months of clomid. We can only hope that the clomid will cause his counts to skyrocket. I'm not going to count on it, but the hope is still there.
And finally something that qualifies as good news! I can't tell you how long its been since we got really good news. The feeling almost felt alien after so much time being down and disappointed. My Dh works for a contracting company for Nissan. So basically he does the same stuff as the Nissan guys working longer hours for less pay and less benefits. It's been two years. Last night after we got home he checked his email. There was an offer of employment there. Whoohoo! Hopefully before the year is out he'll be switched over and be a real Nissan employee. So awesome.
Then this morning, I get a call... from the vet's office.  It took them two and a half weeks after my initial interview but this morning they called to schedule a working interview for Tuesday. Basically from what I understand, I'll go in, shadow/work without pay, and they'll decide if I'm a good fit. Getting this job would be a great step in the right direction for us. I would finally be able to start saving up money for treatments. Right now our fund sits at a measly $140.00 . Far cry from my guesstimated $13,000.
Also early yesterday morning I got a text from a former client. We hit it off when I did her engagement pictures, and then her wedding, and then a few months later her kids' pictures. She said she was interested in going hiking once a week and was wondering if I knew of any good hiking places close by. And if I would like to join her, because she'd like to just hang out with me sometime. I tell you what that put a huge smile on my face. I don't make friends very easily, I never have. I'm excited for my 'chick date'.
So much good news in such a short time after such a long time without it, I swear I'm giddy.
I also started thinking about doing a gift wrapping service fundraiser and got my mom to agree to go in it with me if I don't get this job. I was thinking set up at the local mall and wrap gifts for donations.
Also I sold something else on Zazzle which made me dive back into designing. Thanks my Canadian friend. I hope you enjoy the shirt. With my husband spurring me on I started a Christmas Card site. Which is here           www.cards.yolasite.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment