header

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Working Interview

Today I went in for my working interview at the vet's office. Having absolutely no experience with a 'working' interview I had no idea what to expect. I got up early after tossing and turning all night long, looking at the clock as if I expected those numbers to magically fly by and tell me it was time to get up. I had a bowl of cereal fussed at my husband for sleeping on the couch and for having a rather large piece of cake after I went to bed. As if I wouldn't notice. I got there about 10 minutes early and one of the girls led me into the back. They introduced me to Carmicheal, one of 5 resident kitties. This cat could give Claire a run for her money. He is huge, fluffy, and has gorgeous blue eyes. Just petting him, I could feel some of my nervousness settle down. Interestingly enough while I was introduced to all the furry creatures, somehow I never got names from the people. There's an owl with a broken wing, a large macaw, Bianca the cockatoo, Carmichael, Rascal, Samson, and I want to say the last cat's name was Mama. My quick tour ended in the kennel and we made our way back up to the front to become acquainted with their computer system. It's a lot of right-clicking but otherwise doesn't seem too awfully complicated as long as I can read everyone's handwriting on the charts. Which I discovered may be at times a little difficult. Apparently vets and vet techs fall into the category of doctor handwriting. I did a few transactions, sent a fax, but mostly just watched. I watched them check a kitty's glucose levels, watched another kitty get a shot, watched a heartworm test, paid close attention to how they answered phones to create a script in my mind, listened to descriptions and explanations of popular flea and heartworm medicine. All in all I learned quite a bit. So from what I gather a 'working' interview is basically an orientation. It felt alot like a first day. Since the other vet didn't really talk to me, I'm assuming that today was to see how I meshed with the other girls. I'm sure they'll give their report to the dr. and that'll be my deciding factor. Who knows. At any rate my four hours flew by. I definitely think once I get passed the learning curve I could work there.
As far as IF related stuff. I'm 12dpo this morning. Spotting today, day before yesterday, and the day before that. Interestingly enough no spotting yesterday. Temps are still high but that doesn't stop me from expecting AF tomorrow or the next day if this turns out to be a slightly longer luteal phase. Dh has so far had no side effects from the clomid, so YAY! for that. Just chugging along.  Also sold something else in my Zazzle store. So I'm 50 cents closer to a check. At this right it will take forever. But I'm inclined to leave it up because a sale makes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment