header

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Questions

I'm trying to come up with our list of questions to ask the RE at our consult. The few sites I've found proclaiming to be guidebooks aren't very helpful, at least not to me. I already know that we will have to do some form of IVF due to the severe MFI. That's a given. I know that they prefer single embryo transfers. So this is my list so far...
  • Do you offer clinical trials? What are the requirements for participation? What is the likilhood that the trail will be cancelled?
  • 3 or 5 day transfers?
  • Difference between Natural, Mini, and Conventional IVF? Are we a candidate for all three varities?  Do you practice all three at this clinic?
  • Judging by our previous testing what problems do you forsee?
  • What tests will need to be repeated?
  • If we proceed directly to IVF will I need to have an HSG since my tubes are not in play?
  • What additional testing will be required?
  • Do you ‘batch’ cycle?
  • What would you envision our success rate to be?
  • Do you cancel an IVF cycle if the patient produces less than so many follicles?
  • Do you have a self-pay or pre-pay discount?
  • Do you freeze eggs or embryos?
  • What is your Fresh vs Frozen rate?
  • Do you use vitrification?
  • How much does it cost to freeze?
  • Looking to cycle in July or August. What would be our plan of action/calendar?
  • Cost of one cycle with drugs?
  • How much monitoring will be required?
  • Is there a way to have monitoring done at a different location?
I'm also thinking of creating like a table to put all the info about the three types of IVF together. Maybe something like this...
 
Natural Ivf
Mini Ivf
Conventional Ivf
Total Cost
 
 
 
Success Rates
 
 
 
Drugs/Protocol
 
 
 
 
 
Minimum Monitoring Visits
 
 
 
Recommended
 
 
 
Number of Eggs expected
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Help me build my list of questions,  pretty please with sugar on top?
I want to make the most out of this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment