header

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday Phone Call

I rolled over and looked at the clock this morning it was 8:30. Almost an hour late. I couldn't help but for my mind to immediately go to why haven't they called yet? Is something wrong? Did our acorn arrest? And as I'm laying in bed trying desperately to keep the dark thoughts from spiraling out of control as they seem so wont to do anymore, the phone rings. At 8:45. I think I let it ring once before I picked up, just long enough to check the caller id and know it was the clinic. On the other line was Shane our embryologist. I tried to pick apart her greeting and her tone in seconds and failed.
She continued on in her pleasant even tone and told me again of the grading system they have in place and what should be expected at this point in an embryo's development. I'm practically holding my breath. Then she tells me that our little acorn is a grade 1 4 cell. Grade 1 is their highest grade. She tells me that its right where it should be and looks pretty well perfect. Yes she uses the word perfect. I can't help but be overjoyed at this point. Grade 1 embryos statistically almost always make it the blastocyst stage. Which are so many more times more likely to implant than one who does not make it to that stage. Right now I'm trying to curb my excitement but for the moment I am just overjoyed to have gotten this far and that it looks like we'll definitely have a transfer. Which just blows my mind! Maybe maybe it really only does take one.
Today I also started my vaginal suppositories, bleck. I have to take 2mg of Estrace twice a day and 3 tablets of endometrin over the course of a day. If our little acorn is the one, if thats our little one growing down there in Chattanooga every second of this journey will have been worth it.

2 comments: