header

Monday, July 21, 2014

Here we go!

Here we are at the starting line. The pistol's been fired. Lets go.
Today was my baseline appointment and endometrial biopsy.
I got the all clear from the doctor to start my medicine, which for the next 5 nights consists of 7.5 mg of Letrozole. And for the next 14 mornings a half tablet of Dexamethason. DH also gets to start his zpack of antibiotics. Lucky guy 5 pills and he's done with his side of the prepping.
The endometrial biopsy was not fun. The nurse advised me ahead of time to take 800 mg of ibuprofen which at first I didn't think much of  til I looked at the bottle of ibuprofen on my counter. Those tablets are only 200mg and you're not supposed to exceed 400mg in like a six hour span. I immediately began wondering exactly how bad is this supposed to hurt!?
On top of that I was a little worried about getting a full bladder. Trivial worry right. Well I'm the kinda girl who can sip on a canned coke all...day...long. Too much liquid tends to make me burp alot and feel quite sickly. Turns out one full 20 oz gatorade and a canned coke equals a full bladder for me. I felt like I was going to get sick before I finished the gatorade but I only had an hour and a half to get to full bladder status. Now that I know the magic amount I'll be prepared come the next time a procedure calls for a full bladder.
Back to the biopsy. It does hurt. Quite a bit actually. For me it felt like my strongest, sharpest, menstrual cramp ever x5. Course I don't usually get menstrual cramps. Thankfully it only lasted maybe a minute and then the doc was more worried about getting my cervix to stop bleeding from the 'pinch marks' where he had to grab onto it apparently. Ugh. I didn't cramp anymore after that was finished. Doc told me that I was 'a strong woman'. Hmm really. Or do you just say that to all your obviously nervous patients.  Oh and that most likely that would be the worst pain up til actual childbirth in this whole process. Which hey, I'll take that!
Which by the way the biopsy isn't for pathology purposes. In fact they aren't even testing it at all. Apparently there are several studies out there that point to this procedure and a similar one called 'scratching' as increasing the rate of implantation. I think of it like pruning a tree or a bush. When you cut off small piece during the right time, the plant redoubles its growth effort and many times two limbs grow from the space where there used to be one. Make sense?
I go back for my first monitoring appointment on Thursday.
In the meantime I've been trying to clean house like crazy. I've been joking with the hubs that I'm 'nesting'. haha. This seems to be my way of being positive. A part of me is preparing for the worst outcomes, but the front I have to put out is cleaning house like a mad lady, a real deep cleaning like it hasn't seen since we moved in 5 years ago, so that it'll be easier to keep clean during pregnancy and closer to its ideal situation when a baby arrives. I don't really think I believe that spiel, but if it keeps people off my back and keeps my mind and body busy its worth every second. Right now I've got 3 out of 7 areas clean.
It is so hard to balance hope and fear right now. I feel like I have three modes right now. Full out psyched and excited, full out terrified, and right smack dab in the middle where I don't really feel anything. No mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment