header

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Insanely bad luck or could it be good?

I don't know anymore.
It's like a picture I saw on my favorite facebook group, I'm tired of blessings coming in disguise. If I were a blessing I'd wear a big neon flashing sign around my neck.
On Sunday we got into a car accident. Yes, another one though this time I was 'priveleged' to be along for the ride. We went a town over to go to the cheap movie theatre, the one where you can get tickets, two drinks, a bag of popcorn, and a box of candy for twenty bucks. It's totally worth the drive, even if it is about an hour away. We took the new car. Yes the new car, the one we got less than a week and a half ago. We ate at Applebee's before the movie and at 6:40 we left to make the ticket line. We're sitting at a red light two to three cars in front of us, I'm playing candy crush on his phone, because well apparently I'm addicted to the stupid little game and can't go five minutes without playing it. He looks into his rearview and suddenly shouts 'oh shit' while simultaneously smashing down on the pedal and attempting to swerve around the car in front of us. Before I could do much more than put both feet on the floorboard, there's the jolt, crunch, sound of shattering glass, squeal of tires. I admit I went rather ape shit and started screaming expletives at the top of my lungs. I was so angry I wanted to crawl though the now non-existent back window. I mean its a brand new f'ing car. We get out and see the gigantic red pickup truck that rammed us. Then we see the bumper, or rather lack there of. Oh, there it is about 15-20 feet back in the middle of the road along with the rear window. I walk around the side of the car and just start sobbing. The whole back end on the driver's side is crushed in, almost into the tires. I notice a cop walking up and I'm like how the hell did he get here so fast. Apparently it's an off duty highway patrol man who just happened to be in a car in the lane over from us and saw the whole thing.
I am so thankful for my husband's quick reflexes. If the truck had hit us dead on, as it would have if DH hadn't noticed them barreling towards us in the rearview, this would be a whole different story. There's no doubt in my mind that we would have been injured. We would have hit the cars in front of us. I am incredibly thankful that as of the moment it appears neither of us were really hurt, though I can't be sure. My knee hurt yesterday, my lower back almost at my tailbone hurts today unless I'm standing/sitting straight up. I'm hoping both of these things will go away soon. He appears for the most part uninjured at all.
We took the car to a body shop today and it looks like its totaled. *sigh* Two vehicles in three weeks gone...just gone. I just don't know what to do anymore.
On a few different notes...
Today was my last day of work. I am so happy to be out of there and to have a little quiet time before the craziness coming our way.
My mock transfer went well.
I picked up some of meds for our cycle today as well. Valium, Estrace, something for nausea?, and antibiotics. They also recommended I start taking 600 mg of CoQ10 as well, so I got that too. I pick up the steriods tomorrow. Apparently the rest are already ordered, even the stuff from Freedom Fertility. It makes this very very real.  

No comments:

Post a Comment