header

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Monitoring Appointment Round 3

Yesterday was our third and it looks like final monitoring appointment.
My two lead follicles have grown to a 20mm and an 18mm. I was a little saddened to learn that the third follicle decided that it didn't want to join the party and stopped growing. Boo third follicle! I really wanted at least three eggs to work with. Two seems so little. Not that three is much better but...
At least I did receive a little good news on the front that my lining has significantly plumped up to an 8. I left the clinic feeling a little bummed and sadly bloated.
Once home I crawled into bed and took a nap. These early morning roadtrips to Chattanooga are killer. In order to get there for my 8:30 appointments I have to leave the house around 5:30 my time to make up for the time difference. We're literally there for maybe thirty minutes most days and then its back on the road. I spend six times the amount of time in the car traveling each day as I do actually in the clinic.
My mom and I completed the Cracker Barrell trifecta yesterday as well. We have officially eaten at every Cracker Barrell between Chattanooga and home during all this. That's 4 different Cracker Barrells. But I've by far eaten at the one just down the road from the clinic the most.
I'm finding it harder and harder to remain positive as time trickles away. I had really hoped to get around 5 eggs during all this. But that just hasn't happened. I know in reality it only takes one good egg and one good sperm but still. I wound up talking to my mom about how things would have to change a little if this doesn't work. The big thing being that people have to stop telling me how much my niece looks like me. And how my grandma needs to stop trying to recreate my childhood pictures with my brother's kid. Come on recreate his childhood pictures, its his kid! Stop reminding me constantly of something I may never have. It can be so difficult to visit when everything is about my niece, every second of every conversation is just too much.
So perhaps because I was feeling bummed and bloated I chilled at home for the rest of the day instead of cleaning anymore. I spent $40 buying classic mario games for the wii, like Dr. Mario, Super Mario Brothers 3, Super Mario World, and Super Mario Cart. What brought on this sudden old school video game binge? The happiest I have been in the past two weeks has been the days DH and I have sat down and played Mario Cart 64 together. I guess I wanna snag as much of that happy time as possible.
Last night was my last night of stimming. Tonight is my trigger shot. Which means egg retrival will be on Thursday morning. One great thing about that is I can still go to my concert, my planned treat to make up for everything I've endured the past six months. Something just for me.
With egg retrival on Thursday that means a transfer would most likely be on either Sunday or Tuesday. I'm rooting for Sunday since that means DH could actually be there the moment I become pregnant. It seems odd to think that at the moment we get pregnant he could be 4 hours away and that's without a time difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment