header

Monday, July 14, 2014

Medication

Here it is my collection of medications and supplements for our IVF cycle.
I was excited when I opened the big package on my doorstep. The excitement waned a little halfway through and by the time I finished repacking everything I was on the verge of a panic attack. I went outside and sat on our porch swing and just breathed.
Before IF I was the kind of girl who never took anything, heck I didn't even take an ibuprofen or tylenol unless the pain was going to make me throw up. I never took drugs, I never smoked, I barely touched acholol. Aside from the junk food my body was a temple.  The thought of putting all of this in my body is terribly scary and I'll admit upsetting. I find myself constantly reminding my inner naturalist that all of this is necessary and more importantly worth it in the end if it gets us to our goal, our family.
At the moment I'm on 600 mg of CoQ10(2 300mg pills), 1 vitamin D pill a day, 2 folgard tablets, and my prenatal. I already feel slightly overwhelmed and I've barely even started. I haven't even got to the really scary stuff yet.
I have a little good news on that front. It would seem at the moment that my best friend is going to help me with my injections. She's a scrub tech and I remember the countless hours she practiced on an orange way back when she was still in school. Which is good because I am a little leery about jabbing myself with a sharp object.
Now I'm just waiting for CD1 to get this show on the road. It should be here literally any day now.
Oh one more thing slightly irked at my doctor who assured us that our meds would be well under a thousand dollars. Yeah right. 1700 and some change up there easy. He needs to know a little bit more about this stuff before throwing out estimations like that. If DH hadn't have gotten that new job and a bonus that extra 700 and something would have throwed me completely out of whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment